Do you think to create your own Blog. Great, You need to create your own blog if you like to writing. Actually a writer needs paper and pen to write. However, to becoming a online writer you just need Best Blogging Platform. I am here to help you to choose best one.
There is several blogging platform or blogging sites. I think you heard about them. Now from several platform you need to choose the best. Isn’t it tough. It’s very tough to choose right one.
Some blogging platform are far better which is fit with your budget. But Many of them are not to choose if you planning to make money from your blog. Because they don’t allow to monetize your blog.
Oh, it’s look like I am trying to confuse you. Don’t worry here I discuss 10 best blogging platforms for beginners. Check all of them and choose right one.
How To Choose Best Blogging Platform
How to choose blogging platform?
It’s very tough to choose blogging platform for beginners. To Choose a right platform you need to keep in mind some point. And Compare them with each other throgh the point. As a result, you get some ideas to choose the best platform. Below are the some point to check.
- Costs – At first, Check the cost of the platform. After that, make sure it’s value for money. Don’t think that costs is too much. A free blogging platform or low budget platform is not worth if they never allow you to do what you need. So, Costs does not matter and important. Mainly, comfortable is important. So, you need a comfortable and value for money blogging platform.
- Easy To Use – Some platform are too complex to use. Therefore How a beginner use and manage the platform without any knowledge,skills or experience. That is to say, Always checked the platform is beginner friendly or easy to use. Most importantly, Make sure you doesn’t need any coding skill to manage.
- Monetization – Many people start a blog to earn money from it. That’s true. And, Monetize with AdSense or Affiliate Marketing is the best ways to earn money from blog or website. So, before choosing a platform you need to check whether they allow to monetize your blog or not.
- Customization – Customization is one of the most important part of your blog. So, You need to make your blog attractive. If the platform don’t allow to do customize and make them limit, how you customize your blog. And, how you make your blog attractive without customizing.
Above all that point that you keep in mind to compare the best blogging platform.
Best Blogging Platform in 2021
Here is the best platform for you that I found. Note that some of them are not allow to monetize.
They have some negativity and some positivity . But, all of them are popular. And best platform for create blog.
1.WORDPRESS.ORG -Self Hosted Best Blogging platform
It’s easy to confuse wordpress.org with wordpress.com which is different. And, I discuss about wordpress.com later in the list.
It’s a Self Hosted platform, which means that you will need a hosting provider and a custom domain name.
- Very Flexible – It’s gives you complete control over all aspects of your blog.
- Over 55,000 plugins available on WordPress.org for full customize of blog.
- There are thousands of free theme available. And, also thousand of mobile responsive theme available on wordpress.org.
- The platform is SEO friendly. You can easily create seo friendly url, categories and tags for posts.
- The Plateform is social media friendly.
- You will have full ownership of your content.
- And also have a large community with great support
- You will need a web-hosting and a custom domain name.
- Its a beginner friendly but need little knowledge.
- You will have to manage security, backup and performance.
WordPress is a completely free software. However, you will need to buy hosting and custom domain name. And, also you can use premium theme and plugins according to your need. But there is lot of free themes and plugins available.
A domain name can costs around $10 to $15 per year. And, a hosting costs around $2.99 to $7.99 per month.
Blogger is a completely free Google’s service. It offers quick and easy service to create a blog. And, also you can monetize your blog.
Blogger is the one of the earliest platform. It was launched in 1999 by Pyra Labs. Later in 2003, hand over by Google and redesign the platform.
- Bogger is completely free.
- It’s easy to use and manage easily without any technical knowledge
- Don’t need to buy hosting.
- Integrated with Google drive and other Google service.
- Your blog is secure and reliable by Goggle.
- Limited tools and can’t add additional features.
- Design option are limited.
- Ads are displayed on your blog.
- No frequent update or new features.
Blogger is completely free with their sub-domain like https://example.blogspot.com. If you don’t want sub-domain you will need to buy custom domain. And, a custom domain can costs around $10 to $15 per year.
WordPress.com is free platform with their sub-domain wordpress .com. It’s a blog hosting service offered by automatic, a company who created wordpress.org. It’s can be a great starting point for your blogging. For advance features you will need to buy their paid plans.
- Super easy to create a blog – Just follow some steps.
- Hosting is included.
- Easy to use and manage.
- It’s completely free with their sub-domain wordpress.com. Your website will look like this – https://example.wordpress.com
- No need to worry about site maintanance.
- Very limited option.
- You can not use custom themes and plugins.
- And, You can not monetize your blog. Insterad, they show their ads on your blog.
- You do not own your blog.
The wordpress.com is free. And, on free blog you can not monetize. However, you can upgrade to their personal plan for $4 per month(billed yearly). After that you can remove their logo and branding ads from your blog.
Moreover, you also get a custom domain (for example- www.yourdomain.com). You can get additional fetaure and design tools and extra storage if you billed $8 per month(billed yearly)
WIX is a hosted website platform. It is great for small business. You can create website by using drag and drop tools. Moreover, you can also add a blog on your website by adding wix blog app. Wix.com was founded in 2006 as a platform. And, now it has currently over 110 million user in the world.
- Easy to create website by using drag and drop tools.
- You can customize your website by using third party apps and templates.
- Lot of stock images to use.
- Quick and easy setup including hosting.
- Free account is limited.
- Wix branding and ads shows on your blog.
- Limited third party apps.
- Unable to migrate your blog to another host.
- Limited number of ecommerce functionality.
Wix is a free but it’s limited. Free account shows wix branding and ads. So it’s great for learning.
Wix paid package start with $5 per month. With the package you get 500MB storage and 1GB Bandwidth. And, also get a custom domain.
There is also higher package. For more additional features, more storage, more bandwith you can go through higher plan. It will costs around $25 per month.
SquareSpace is a platform that offers you to create beautiful website. Where you can create website by using drag and drops tools.And, it is great to create a small business online setup which is easy to use.
- It is easy to use for beginner.
- Very simple and no need any tech knowledge
- Hosting and custom domain included.
- SSL- certificate encrypted.
- Ecommerce functionality and 24/7 support.
- Limited, you can only use their own platform’s features.
- Very few integration of service and tools.
- Personal plan offers limited pages and contribution.
SquareSpace has diiferent plans.
For personal website plans pricing start with $16 per month. But, $12 per month if you billed for the year in advance.
And, for the business plan, pricing starts with $26 per month. But, $18 per month if billed yearly.
On the other hand, for online stores pricing starts from $26 per month and up to $40 per month.
Weebly is also a drag and drop tools website builder. It is one of the best platform because of simple and easy to use. And, all plans comes with free SSL-certificate.
- Easy to use and simple- Drag and drops tools.
- SEO features.
- Integrated with Google Analytic.
- Comes with decent mobile apps.
- Limited number of features.
- Very few number of third party apps.
- Difficult to export sites.
You can start with free account. But, it’s limited to 500MB storage. And, include with weebly branding and sub-domain.
If you want custom domain, it will costs $4 per month. Moreover if you need additional features and remove branding ads, you will need to upgrade to starter plan. Which is costs $8 per month.
And, if you build an E-commerce store , go to the business plan which is costs $25 per month.
Tumblr is a half blog builder website and half social media. It is free with Tumblr sub-domain. Also you can connect with custom domain name. and, it is ideal for micro blogging.
- Free and easy to use.
- Including hosting.
- Integrated re-blogging and sharing social feature.
- many design option available.
- You can easily publish images, videos, audios and other multi media.
- Feature are limited.
- Backing up of site is to difficult.
It is completely free to use with their sub-domain. But, if yopu need custom domain you can buy. And also you can buy premium themes and apps.
Medium is online writing platform for writers, bloggers and journalist. It is easy to use but has limited social media platform.
In medium you can create your account and publish your articles. after, signing your profile address be like (https://medium.com/yourname). But, you can not use your own domain name.
- It is easy to use. No setup and coding skills required.
- You can focus on your article, instead of building website.
- Medium allows to connect with community with same interest.,
- Features are very limited.
- You do not own your content and audience. If you loss blog you also loss your followers.
- Most importantly you can not use your own domain name.
- Also you can not monetize your blog.
It is free to use. and, its look like facebook . You don’t need any themes and apps to buy like facebook. Just sign in with the platform and publish your article.
Joomla is the another best platform on the list. And, its and open source content management system. Likewise wordpress.org you can create any kind of website by using Joomla. Most importantly its free and easy to use. However, you will need to buy domain name and hosting.
- Likewise, wordpress.org you can create any type of website by using Joomla.
- Dozens of templates are available.
- easy to changes design.
- Moreover, Lot’s of extension available to adding more features.
- You will need technical knowledge. That is to say Joomla not beginner friendly.
- And, Basic Knowledge of CSS and HTML are required.
- On the other hand responsibility of security, backups and performance is on you.
Joomla is free to use. But, you will need to buy hosting and custom domain name.
Drupal is a complete content management system. And, it is great for blogs with web pages and other online content. However its don’t provide hosting. You will need to buy hosting and also domain name.
- You can build advance and feature rich sites by using Drupal.
- Access to more free modules and features.
- Custom content type.
- Great taxonomy system for handling data.
- Drupal is not beginner friendly and easy to use.
- Installation requires technical expert or need technical knowledge.
Drupal is completely free to use. But, you will need to buy hosting and domain name.
Best Blogging Platform 2020- Conclusion
Above all the list of best blogging platform. Therefore you need to choose one platform from the list. you can choose any of them as your interest and needy. Most importantly it should be very suitable and comfortable for you with your goals, needs and working purpous.
I like wordpress.org. And, my recommendation you to pick wordpress.org. Because it is powerful, easy to use, affordable. Most importantly, you can create any type of website like-blog, online store, business website etc.
WordPress.org helps you to rank in google. It is SEO friendly. And, you can easily monetize your website to earn money.
I think these article helps you. If you like my article than share to your own social platform. Because your sharing can make me motivate to write articles for you.